When it comes to maintaining a clean and healthy spa at home, consistency is key. Here are some tips to help you keep your at home spa clean all year round:
1. Use Chemical-Free Cleaning Products – Don’t use harsh chemicals or abrasives when cleaning your hot tub or jacuzzi; instead, opt for natural and/or plant-based cleaning products that are free of harsh chemicals.
2. Change the Filter Regularly – Make sure you replace or clean your filter regularly to ensure that it’s in top condition. Doing this will help remove any impurities from the water, preventing bacteria and other contaminants from building up in your spa.
3. Drain & Refill Your Spa – Draining and refilling your hot tub or jacuzzi every 4-6 months helps keep the water fresh, clean and balanced. This will also help prevent unpleasant odours as well as algae growth.
4. Clean Out Debris & Lint – When using your at home spa, take some time to clear out debris or lint that may have collected at the bottom of your spa. This will help keep your water clean and free of particles that can cause irritation.
5. Clean The Cover – Don’t forget to give your cover some attention too! Keeping it clean helps prevent dirt and other contaminants from entering your spa, thus keeping the water clear and safe for use.
6. Use a professional service – Sydney Spa Services is a professional service that does spa maintenance and cleaning at the most affordable rates. Don’t hesitate to reach out, we will always take care of our clients and make sure that you are super satisfied.
How to keep your spa clean during winter
1. Make sure your spa is well insulated – Make sure you insulate your hot tub or jacuzzi properly before the cold weather sets in. This will help prevent heat loss and keep your water temperature consistent, even during cold spells.
2. Use chemical-free products – Using cleaners and chemicals designed specifically for hot tubs can be harsh on the environment and unhealthy for those using the spa, so opt for natural and/or plant-based cleaning products instead.
3. Keep covers on when not in use – Covering it up each time you’re done using it helps prevent dirt, debris, leaves and other contaminants from entering the water and also helps retain heat overnight which keeps energy costs down.
4. Test your water regularly – Make sure you get your water tested every few weeks during the winter months to ensure that it’s adequately balanced for safe use.
How to keep your spa clean during summer
1. Clean the filter regularly – Keeping your filter clean is important all year round, but it’s especially important during the warmer months when bacteria can grow faster in a hot and humid environment.
2. Test your water frequently – Testing the water in your at home spa more often during summer helps ensure that it remains balanced and safe for use.
3. Clear out debris & lint – Take some time to clear out leaves and other debris that might have collected in or around your spa as this will help keep your water free of impurities and particles that can cause irritation.
4. Clean the cover – Make sure you give your cover some attention too! Keeping it clean helps prevent dirt and other contaminants from entering into the water, thus keeping it clean and safe for use.
Following these tips will help ensure that your at home spa stays clean and healthy all year round. If you have any questions or need advice, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Sydney Spa Services today! We would be delighted to help you out!